Facebook is no longer a social media; it’s a mass media. It’s more than likes, fans and followers.
Initially it is about acquiring fans and followers, but later it is about engaging them and turning into customers and finally into loyal customers.
- L’Oreal India has been using social media effectively!! To create advertisement for its premium hair color Casting Crème Gloss, it has created an app in Facebook where customers have to scan a unique code on the product. Then the customer has to upload an image with two of her best friends to get a shot at starring in an ad with Sonam Kapoor.
- One of the top FMCG company found that some fake products are sold on its prestigious brand name. The brand joined Facebook community. Guess what, in no time, the fans have reported 250 locations where the fake products are sold.
- ICICI bank recently launched a Facebook app ‘Pockets’ which enables its customers to carry out some striking banking services on the social media like booking tickets for a group of friends, transferring money to friend, mobile recharge etc.
- Shoppers stop has about 50 lakh fans. On hitting a million like, it ran a coupon offer. Within 2 days 10,000 fans has shopped on various outlets, and resulted in incremental revenues of 2 crore rupees
Social Media helps companies to understand what customers actually need. One the customer likes a page of a company; it shows he likes the brand or product. It is important to make him/her a loyal customer.
Facebook also in interlinked with Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest etc. For instance Star TV that has 18 million fans and followers ensures that a dynamic response mechanism through tweets (twitter) is followed if there is a concern from its customers.
Starbucks in some areas is offering a gift card “Tweet a Coffee” to a friend by linking the Twitter profile to its own profile
The final goal of any company is to solve the business and marketing challenges through Social media marketing as above. It is all about service and experience!!
Refer to Brand Equity, 4th Dec 2013 for more details
- Do You Have a Social Media Checklist? (viralheat.com)
- BP 8- Social Media and Its Benefits (esickert.wordpress.com)
- Social Customer Service Equals Positive Experiences (business2community.com)
- Tapping Into Social Media (eusteven.wordpress.com)
- Bueller… Bueller… Anyone? Are you listening on social media? (mikemccready.ca)